Mountain Plains Adult Education Association
Larry B. Wickham Memorial Scholarship for Graduate Studies
The Mountain Plains Adult
Education Association (MPAEA) offers up to
$1000 annually (based on available funding) to a graduate student enrolled in a graduate degree program in adult education or closely related field or in a college or university located in one of the eight Mountain Plains member states.
The primary intent of this scholarship is for tuition, books and school-related expenses.
The MPAEA Scholarship Committee will select a Memorial Scholarship winner plus two
alternates, all of whom will be notified one month after the application deadline. The recipient of the
Memorial Scholarship for Graduate Studies will be announced at the MPAEA Annual Conference.
This scholarship is valid for the following academic year.
To be eligible, a student must meet the following criteria:
1. Be enrolled in a graduate degree program in an MPAEA member state (student does not have
to be a permanent member of that region);
2. Be pursuing a graduate degree in adult education or closely related field;
3. Be a graduate student who has not previously received this scholarship;
4. Be a member of MPAEA or submit a membership application along with this scholarship
INSTRUCTION TO APPLICANT
1. Review the criteria for eligibility before applying for the scholarship.
2. Contact your state MPAEA Board member for a copy of the application or download it from
the MPAEA Website: https://mpaea.wildapricot.org/
3. Complete the application, with all applicable and required information and documentation.
4. Submit the application electronically by February 28, 2019 to:
Sean O’Leary, MPAEA Scholarship Chairperson
840 East 400 South
Smithfield, UT 84335
(435) 750-3238 wk
5. Address questions to Sean O’Leary (email: email@example.com).