Mountain Plains Adult Education Association
Teacher Innovation Scholarship
The Mountain Plains Adult Education Association (MPAEA) offers up to $250 annually
(based on available funding) for creative ways to reach students. Eligible applicants must be a
MPAEA member working in one of the nine Mountain Plains affiliate states. The intent of
this flexible scholarship is to supplement direct instruction to students.
To be eligible, a member must meet the following criteria:
1. Be working in an MPAEA member state
2. Be a member of MPAEA or submit a membership application along with this scholarship application.
INSTRUCTION TO APPLICANT
1. Review the criteria for eligibility before applying for the scholarship.
2. Contact your state MPAEA Board member for a copy of the application or download it from the MPAEA
3. Complete the application, with all applicable and required information and documentation.
4. Submit the application electronically by August 31st to:
840 East 400 South
Smithfield, UT 84335
(435) 750-3238 wk
Address questions to Scholarship Chair. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
A committee representing the various adult education programs and states in the MPAEA region will evaluate applications. Selected applicants will be
notified by September 20.
Projects will be funded based on their degree of innovation, contribution to adult education, efficient use of resources and funds, and usefulness
to other programs. It is hoped that all geographic areas and types of programs will be represented.
Projects should be completed by December 15, and a short final report on the project is due by December 29 of the same year via e-mail to email@example.com.
All information to be disseminated to other programs should be sent to them within 14 days of project completion.
In addition to the dissemination efforts outlined in the application and/or suggested by the Review Committee, grant recipients are expected to present
their projects at conferences if requested.